Monday, July 7, 2014

#FitnessHacks - Keep Your Fitness Accessories Organized

I have begun a new chapter in my blog.  I have been writing and sharing for almost 4 years.  It's been an incredible experience and I will continue to share little peeks into my racing life.  

Today, I will begin a new focus of providing you tips to save money & time with your sport.   Obviously, some will be running specific, but many will be generic that can be used for any sport or activity.

My first "hack" is about organization and if you have a 99cent or Dollar Tree store near by, it will cost you no more than $1.  

As a runner, we have an ever changing need for accessories, depending on weather distance or anything in between.  If I could have one little box for all my accessories (headbands, hand held lights, gloves, ponchos, fitness bands and more) - that would be great, but we know that is not possible.

A shoe pocket organizer to the rescue!  

I hang this on the inside of my coat closet door.  Not only can I keep my accessories organized, I have other uses.  I use it for my dogs leashes, my families hats and gloves.  I label each pocket so everyone knows where everything goes (stapled a piece of paper to each pocket).  I have had this for years.  In fact, this is the shoe pocket rack I had to keep my youngest sons stuffed animal collection organized, years ago.  

I no longer wonder where are my gloves, my head bands or more.  They are in one place and neatly organized.  Saves time and money.  That's a double blessing!


The other reason I like this pocket organizer, it is hidden begin a shut door.  It's not out in the open for all eyes to see.  Nothing like shutting a door to clean up a space and look less cluttered.  

How do you keep your accessories organized?  

Do you have a great #FitnessHack?  Please email to me and if I print in my blog, I will mention you & your website (if applicable)

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

3 comments:

  1. What a great suggestion! Most of my shoes don't fit in the one I have anyway, so I suppose it is a good time to repurpose it. I didn't even think of that. Such a clever idea. Good luck on the new blog direction. I'm excited to see what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have trouble organizing all of my running stuff and they end up just sitting out on my counter. I am totally going to try this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely stealing this idea! I have a couple dresser drawers full of running accessories, but most of them usually end up in a pile in the corner chair. Hubby will be excited to get the chair back! LOL. Looking forward to more tips and ideas from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.