Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Time To Grow Out the Hair | I Wish I Could Go Bald


It's funny how our image is tied to our hair.


When I first started running, I had hair passed my shoulders




I know it looks very pretty, but long hair is too time consuming to dry and style.  I no longer have the patience or desire to mess with my hair.


So, in 2012, I went to a Bob



I kept it at a Bob for awhile

In 2013, I wanted shorter (still) so I went to a pixie, which is what I have had since 2013. 

I loved it!  I love short hair.  I can do my hair in 5 minutes.  I have reached a place in my life that I do not like dealing with drying, curling or styling my hair.  I am just too old for that stuff.  ha!  

My husband has never complained once about my hair, but I know he doesn't like the short hair.  So, after my last haircut in April (pre Hollywood Half) I decided I would grow my hair back to the Bob length.  I don't want really long hair again. After all, I all I can do with it is pull it back into a ponytail. 

I have grown my hair out from a pixie, twice in my adult life.  I know it will take about 8 months to a year to get to the length I want.  Which means, I should have the hair I striving for at Hollywood Half 2015. 

For now...I will get trims to keep the hair split end free and healthy.

Here is my hair growth since April.  In June, my bangs are getting so long, I needed to brush them back off my face and put the hair behind my ears.  I also lightened the color, something different for the summer.  Stay tuned for more updates. 





Have you ever grown out your hair?  How did it go? 


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14

___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

2 comments:

  1. It is hard. There will be many time that you want to shave your head out of frustration, but it is worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Growing it out doesn't bother me. Having to dry and style any length of hair bothers me. That's why I wish I was bald. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.