Saturday, June 14, 2014

Runner's World Heartbreak Hill Festival - Day 2 (Part 2) Food, Expo & Selfies

Day 2, Part 2

During the break pre-lunch, I decided to change clothes, as I knew I would be walking around the expo.  I changed into my Running Troops shirt.  I wore my compression pants on (under my maxi dress), I decided to keep them on to keep the legs fresh for the 2 day of races ahead.

Being gluten free is always a challenge for me.  While RW asked about our dietary restrictions, I certainly do not get upset if someone cannot accommodate.  Especially, since I was an invited guest blogger, I appreciate every detail. No matter what.

I arrived back at the meeting room, and of course our Laura Beachy greeted us with a warm smile and hugs. Looking over the food selection, I was so touched they offered such a wide variety of GF options. What's even more special, these food selections came from the Runner's World Cookbook.  Not only did they offer vegan options, but they offered sandwiches.  It's always a treat when I can have some GF bread.

I fell in love with the Chilled Spinach Garlic soup.  I think I had 3 bowls.

After our lunch, we had a presentation from New Balance shoes.  I have never worn, not even tried on New Balance shoes, so I was interested in their mission and how they create their shoes.  I found it very interesting they use a 3D printer on some of their shoes soles.  I think I will check out New Balance the next time I need a new pair of shoes.   


 




After the New Balance presentation, we were off to the Expo.  After the huge, huge goodie bag we received from the sponsors, I wanted to thank them for their generosity and for sponsoring the event. 

 









First stop, I had to get my picture taken for a fun photo.  Geneia Health was offering photos with the Runner's World Cover.  I loved mine, but I think it makes me look like I like to run with my arm tied behind my back.  haha




Speaking of Geneia.  What a fun group of people.  Here is our group selfie - Ellen Generes style!




Running Skirts*



Health Warrior (chia bars*)



Wild Planet Foods (canned tuna)*



RunDonna Half and Marathon

Meet Bryan.  Not only is he working the RunDonna booth, he is one of my FB friends!


OrthoLite insole's*



Poland Springs Water



belVita



RooSports*



Other booths I visited (without a picture, sorry)

Sparkly Soul

Fitletic

The Stick*

*In the coming weeks, I am will be posting reviews of a few of these products. 

*Disclaimer:   I was an invited guest blogger to the Inaugural Runner's World Heartbreak Hill Half Festival in Boston.  The views, reviews and opinions expressed are my own and not influenced by the organizers nor sponsors or any other company/individual affiliated with the event.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.