Friday, May 9, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 9 | Kathy Kinane, Surf City City Marathon Race Director

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
________________

 The next person spotlight is a person I have spoken to for about 1 minute.  Yet, I visit "her" yearly on Super Bowl Sunday. 

Kathy Kinane, the Race Director of Surf City Half/Full Marathon weekend.  

Why does she inspire me? She has integrity.  I have witnessed her standing up to vendors who have violated licensing and much more.  It is evident she expects nothing but the best from her race staff, but appreciates every single one of them.

I have spoken with a few staff members and they all have nothing but good things to say about her.  Her demands are high, because she believes the racers deserve the best.  This is one of the few races that I return to year after year, because the expo, the course, the staff, the course aid and every aspect of this race is top notch.  Never once have I witnessed a staff or volunteer treat a racer or spectator with disrespect or unwelcoming. 

Kathy, you don't know me, but you inspire me.  When I am a Race Direct a local event or when I directed our Inaugural Running Troops event in September 2013, I thought of you.  You were the standard I measured everything against.

Thank you for being the type of Race Director that many may not understand but all appreciate.  See you in February. 




(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.