Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 7 | The Running Troops Club

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
  


________


On December 7, 2012 I officially launched the Running Troops club.  After months of planning and preparation the dream had come true.

How and why did I start Running Troops?  Quite simply, there was a need.  There was a need where runners of all distances, speeds could come together and celebrate their achievements.  In addition, those who supported our sport (volunteers, family and race directors) deserved a place they could contribute and be recognized.

I decided on the name Running Troops, not to be affiliated with the military or our beloved veterans but to symbolize our sense of unity and teamwork for the same mission.

We started with a group of Founding Council Members who designed our Mission, Motto and Credo.  Their contributions were varied and we quickly learned not everyone in the running community is wanting to have a unified club.

We have grown, not only in numbers but in support.  Seeing Troopers go to races and stand along side of the road to cheer on the runners, volunteers and reaching out to other runners on social media.

Everyday, these members inspire me to be a better runner and a better club leader.  Not everyone is going to believe in our mission statement and quite frankly, many have tried to stop up.  But, I believe the greater good always prevails and it has. 

Thank you to my Running Troopers for your friendship, your support and joining me in this incredible journey to help other achieve their goals.






(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.