Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 6 | Daniel & Jacqueline Widdis

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
  


________

I met Daniel and Jacqueline Widdis in 2011, shortly after Ladybug had passed away.  We were bonded in grief, as we say - as they recently lost a beloved pet.   Since that time, we have developed a friendship that has withstood the past 3 years.



  • They were my travel partners and helped me with the Running Troops Inaugural Event in September.  You know you have true friends, when they are willing to wake up at 3am to drive you to where you need to go.  

  • Daniel was my "human Garmin" and emotional support as I took on the task to pace the RnRLV half in 2012. The year after the now-famous disaster.  He knew how nervous I was and kept my nerves at bay and kept me focus on my goal to lead my group to the Finish.

  • The very next year (2013), he quickly stepped up to the plate to take over my pacing spot when my injury forced me to withdraw.   In a very short window of time, he trained to lead his group to the appointed time.

  • They hosted the Running Troops birthday party at their home and Jacqueline made a beautiful custom cake for the occasion. 

Yet, the one moment that sticks out in my mind was the night that I ran my first run, post injury.  Daniel joined me on the run and Jacqueline cheered us on from the side.  Turning the corner and seeing her there was something, I cannot even put into words. She cheered me on, like I was running an Olympic event.  I held back tears as I saw her there. 

The depth of their love to those they care about is immeasureable. Their dedication to their faith is something I aspire to be like.

Daniel & Jacqueline - I love you and I cannot imagine my life without you!  





(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.