Saturday, May 3, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 3 | Our Ladybug

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
 


Click here for previous Spotlights

________

Today, I share with you our Ladybug.  

In 1997 she came to us at less than 2 lbs.  It was love at first sight and from that day, she was our "baby girl".  Her death in 2011 devestated our family and I found therapy in my running. As many of you know, I ran a 5k the day after she died and there is where the tradition of having a picture with her yellow tennis ball began.

There isn't a race I do not think about her.  When I have struggled, she has been there.  When I have raised my hands in victory, I feel her jumping around me.

My running nickname is "Ladybug Runner".  It is a name I am proud to have as she was always my biggest fan.  No matter how tired, sweaty or frustrated I was with a training run, she greeted me at the door.

3 years after her death, we still feel her with us and I hope it never leaves us.

My baby girl, my love and the one I long to hold in my arms again, Ladybug. Below is the last picture of her.  Taken the day before she passed away. This is my phone wall paper. 

Ladybug, 1997-2011


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.