Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 27 | Forrest Wise


As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
 

Click here for previous Spotlights 

________


Years before I started running, one of my friends (met his and his family during our residence in TN) lost over 100 lbs and became a runner.  I watched in AWE as he ran 60 (or was it 65?) miles on his birthday.

A kind and gentle soul that has made a lasting imprint on my family, for many personal reasons.

Since I began running, he has had a series of set backs and we have yet to run a race together.  That is a dream of mine, unfilled.  One day, I want to run/walk/crawl a half marathon with him, step by step.  The man who truly, truly inspired me to run.  One day, I want to cross that finish line with him. 

Every half marathon, I dedicate a mile to someone who has inspired me.  Since 2010, Forrest has been my Mile 5, for every half marathon.  At Mile 5, I think about him and how he has made such a lasting impact on so many people's lives.  

Forrest Wise of Hendersonville, TN.  



(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.