Saturday, May 17, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 17 | Guinness World Record Holder, Marina White

 As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.

 ________________


I met Marina through a mutual friend, as I was planning a special event for him.  For the past few years, we had several chance encounters, but none no more important as when I was leaving the SFM Expo in 2013.  

I had stuck around the Expo and not sure why. I wanted to get back to my hotel room, but something kept me there.  As I finally had enough of that expo, I was walking out as I ran into Marina and Charlie Alewine (Race Director).  At this meeting, I learned Marina was needing some Adminstrative help to submit the paperwork to officially claim the Guinness World Record for the Youngest Female to Run 100 Marathons. It's an achievement she earned in 2012, but the paperwork process is horribly tedious and slow.  I offered the Running Troops club to jump in and help out, in any way we could.

From that moment onward, our friendship grew to sharing so many things.  Many highs and many lows.  Many philosophical conversations and many goofy ones too.

At the Running Troops Inaugural Event, I had no greater honor than to crown her RACE QUEEN and award her a trophy/plague to commemorate her Guinness World Record Achievement. She deserved it and then some.  (see photo below)

Marina has been my source of personal inspiration in more ways than she knows and I cannot imagine my world without her.  Her wonderful smile and constant sparkling eyes, makes her a joy to be around.  If you have not met her, you have missed out.  If you know Marina, you know what I am talking about.

Marina, thank you for BUMPING into my world on so many occasions. I am glad God brought us together.  




 

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.