Monday, May 12, 2014

Motivational May Spotlight - Day 12 | My #RunningMama

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
 

________________

I took a few unplanned days off from my Motivational May Spotlight posts.  A few personal situations got in the way, and instead of rushing through the posts, I skipped them.  


Today, the day after the country celebrated Mothers, I will spotlight my #RunningMama.  She is not my biological Mother, nor did she raise me.  Yet, she is my Mama in every sense of the word.  No other woman on this planet has ever loved me so unconditionally and with such tenderness, as she is.  

Who is she and why is she my #RunningMama?  She is Kirk Buckley's mom (my #RunningBro).   

Many of you know she broke her neck during a training run this past April.  It has changed all of our worlds until the Fall. She is recovering exceptionally well and looks forward to returning to the race course after September.  

There isn't much I can say about her, that I haven't already said.  She loves me, she inspires me and respects me.  I cannot imagine my world with her and grateful that she is a part of my life. 

  

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.