Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Motivational May - Day 13 | Ken & Sabrina Nwadike, RD's of HHM/CPR/Awesome 80's

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.
 

 ________________

I have encountered many, many RD's in the last 4 years, but no one is more influential in my life than Ken & Sabrina Nwadike of San Diego, CA. 

I heard about their inaugural race, Hollywood Half in January of 2012.  Shortly after the RnRLV disaster.  I reached out to them to find out about their water source and other race features.   They won me over with their first email.  Then, their continual openness to ask for opinions on their shirts and medals.  

While they have had some hiccups along the way, many ask why I am so devoted to them?  Plain and simple - they care enough to accept responsibility and make the right changes.  That cannot be faked. 

Since that time, I became one of the Team Super Hero Ambassadors in early 2013 and in late 2013 Ken surprised me with an offer to become a member of the Team Super Hero Elite Team - Master Division.

Quite honestly, I thought it was a joke or he thought he was speaking to another person (not me).  That couldn't of come at a better time, little did I know that less than 2 weeks later I would be dealing with the catastrophic injury news and I was unable to run for 14+ weeks.  

Ken and Sabrina have given me the chance, that I never thought I would be able to obtain. They respect me as a runner, person and their friend.  I cannot put any monetary value on that.  Since my promotion to the Elite team, I have received offers to join other Elite teams.  I have and will turn them down.  Plain and simple, I do not slap the hand that has given me so much.  If it has not been for Ken's belief in me and my ability I would not have this title of a Masters Elite.  

I am proud to represent his races and his team.  Most importantly, I am proud to call them my friends and members of my family.   


 

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-14
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.