Friday, May 2, 2014

Motivaional May Spotlight - Day 2 | My Husband

As I continue my journey to reveal the most influential and inspirational people, events or other in my running career.  While there are hundreds and hundreds of people who have been a part of my running career and I am very grateful for the role they are in my life, I will be share with you the most inspirational.

Some you will know, some will be no surprise, but others may be.  I promised these posts will be raw, truthful and sometimes emotional.  Maybe in these posts you will find your own inspirational or feel compelled to thank those around you.

______
19 years ago I met my soulmate and my best friend and I didn't even know it at the time.  I was a part time server and he was one of my bosses.

A few months after meeting, we started dating and we have been together ever since. We married in 1999.   Sometimes I have to pinch myself to wonder what did I do to deserve such a compassionate, warm, honest and goofy guy.  He is a man who puts up with my perks, moods and enjoys Disneyland as much as I do.

The day we brought Ladybug home for the first time, the amount of compassion and tenderness I saw in my husband (then boyfriend) made me fall in love with him, all over again.  The day we gave Ladybug her final rest and the hurt he endured was more than I could bear, in my own grief.  

If his work schedule permitted, he would be at all my races.  Even though he is not, he is always the first person to text me the morning of a race and he is the first person I text when I am finished, no matter where I am.

I could not race if he was not the support and inspiration he is.  I could not sacrifice my time and take so many out of town trips if it was not for him.  He has taken care of me when my body has been broken and has held me when my heart was torn to shreds by others actions against me.  He has embraced me in victory and held my wiped away the tears when I was defeated.

He might be my husband, but he is the best friend that I could of ever asked for.  He is my dream come true and all I ever wanted in a mate.

Thank you, will never be enough.  He deserves so much more.  



(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.