Friday, March 28, 2014

Tutu Tuesday | An Opportunity To Show Support & Share a Positive Message

Within the past 24 hours, the running community have been up in arms about the SELF magazine issue.

SELF magazine has offered an apology and whether you accept it or not, it's entirely up to you.  I am not sure what more they can do at this point to make anyone happy.  Please remember, we ALL have said things we wish we have not. Everyone makes mistakes and by choosing anger, you create anger and negativity.  I don't know Monika, but I am going to bet she would not want hatred spread, because of her.

There are many who are now moving onward to show support to Monika.  A friend of mine, Annie from Florida (and an Island Boost Ambassador) has created at Tutu Tuesday on 4/01. She has asked runners to wear a tutu on Tuesday and post their pictures on FB.

If you are interested, she has created a Tutu Tuesday FB group:   http://on.fb.me/1dzIfSs

Those who know me, know I truly loathe tutu's.  Even as a child when my parents enrolled me into ballet lessons, I cried at the thought I would have to wear one of those things.

There are many runners like me, it's a no-go on the tutu. So, does that mean we cannot participate in Tutu Tuesday?  Of course we can!  I am creating a tutu lapel pin to wear on my running shirt.  I know another friend who is creating a bib.  You can find templates for bibs and a tutu pin by doing a simple Google or Bing search.

The point is, you show your support in the way you canI am not doing this as an anti-SELF magazine action, but show support to a fellow runner.  I think there is enough negativity in the world, I prefer to focus on her healing vs the anger that SELF magazine created.

And if you chose not to participate that is 100% okay, too.  It's a personal choice and I truly hope that judging eyes keep to themselves for those who do not to participate in Tutu Tuesday. 


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.