Monday, March 3, 2014

Next Up: Los Angeles Marathon | The Final Phase of Post-Injury Is Coming To An End



October 1st I registered for the LA Marathon.  You may recall, that was in the middle of the injury phase.  The pain was unbearable and I was walking with a cane on October 1st.   7 days later, the MRI results came in, I had a plateau fracture. I did not run until December 19th. 

Even in the midst of the injury, my eyes were on LAM.  At the beginning of February, my Doctor released me to bump up my miles to 25-30 miles/week.  That means, for the past month, I have had low mileage strength training.

I did the best I could to capitalize on those miles.  I ran hills, I ran on tired legs (to strengthen the tissues and fibers) and have been doing a lot of massages & foam rolling.  One month to prepare for LAM.  Not ideal, but I am okay with it.  I know that LAM will be a nice, long SLOW run.


LAM 2014 was to be my first race to gauge my BQ quest in 2014 and 2015.  Obviously, I am not ready to push myself on this race.  Frankly, I feel like a slow slug - but I am a content slow slug! I am running, that makes me happy.  Yet, there will be triumph when I cross that finish line.  When I cross, without an injury - then I am officially declared healed.  It's the last hurdle I need to over come and I believe it will happen on March 9th.

I am looking forward to putting this final post-injury phase behind me and starting the hard core training for my 2014 goals. When I see that LAM Finish Line, I know my post-injury phase is coming to a close and I couldn't be happier.  I may kiss the ground.

The past few weeks, I have been able to run very short tempo runs and a few speed work intervals.  It's been great to have some speed in my legs again.   Waiting for my cardio/fitness to kick in, is quite nervy, but I know it will come back.



I have said this so many times, but it never is enough. I wish to thank my husband and my sons for holding me up and keeping my eyes on the big goals.  To my running family, Kirk, Laura B, Angela, Rudy, Andrea, Julia, Marina, Emil, the Erekson family, the Liu family, the Widdis Family and to the wonderful Running Troops.  

To my sponsors who continue to believe in me and give me the honor to represent their brand, Team Super Hero Elite Team, Island Boost, KT Tape and RobKellerMD.com 

The Finish Line is near. 


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*Team Super Hero Master's Elite 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.