Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Time to Plan & Prioritize



I love to race. I love the thrill of standing at the start line and then, accomplishing a goal.  I love the medals, the fun and friends I have met along the way.

Even before 2013 is finished, I knew 2014 would be less traveling for me, a lot less.  I originally planned to run a lot more 5k’s and 10k’s to help me prep for my LA Marathon goal and then onto my first attempt at a BQ in 2014 & 2015.

There are many 5k’s and 10k’s in Vegas that I love, many of them are in January, February and March. Right in the heart of my Full Training.  

The decision had to be made. Do I want to race more or train better to give me better results at the Full?



It didn’t take me long to realize what I wanted. I want a BQ more than racing other distances.   I have done well in all other distances, but the success of a Full has eluded me.  Why?  I have never TRAINED for the Full like I have trained for 5k’s and Half’s.  Time for me to TRAIN for a Full.  

While I will be running with my son on his first Half Marathon in January and I will be running Surf City Half in February – that’s it, until I return to LAM in March.  

I am not tired nor am not fatigued – in fact, after two solid months of over 40 miles/week, I am ready to pump it up to 60+ this Fall/Winter.  I feel more energized in my fitness and health, than I have felt in almost 2 years.  That puts me on the right path to achieve my goals of BQing either in 2014 or 2015, so I can run Boston in 2016.  If I don’t achieve my goal, I know I will have given it all I had. 
I have a few more races left this year and I finish it up with my Hoover Dam Half in December.  That marks the beginning of my Full Training and I cannot wait to see if my body & mind will meet the challenges ahead of me.  

Priorities change, but the road will always be there waiting for us!

When have you had to change your training plans?


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com, KT Tape and Island Boost
*SuperHero Events Ambassador 2013-14
*Founder, Running Troops
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.