Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Do Not Celebrate Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  Since I have become a mom, I find the day less appealing.

Not being a negative ninny....this is why:

A parent is a 24/7 job.  It changes daily and sometimes by the minute. 

Love & respect should be 24/7.  While there are times of anger, disgust and "what the heck?!?"  The deep emotion of love and respect for family members still prevails.


So, why is it necessary to only have one day to show your appreciation for a parent?


  • Why do I need one day to take a parent out to dinner or so something special?  Shouldn't that be part of my everyday life?  
  • On the other hand, If my children do not show me respect for 364 days out of the year and then suddenly on the second Sunday in May - they shower me with love, respect and gifts - isn't that rather hypocritical?

After all,  Mother's Day isn't signifying a special day in history or a birthday.  No milestone nothing monumental.  

So, how do I spend "Mother's Day"? - the same way I spend everyday.  Celebrating & Enjoying Life.




No expectations and certainly no need to be "celebrated", I get that most everyday. 

Everyday is a celebration to me, whether it be small or large.  

I don't need a special day to be honored as Mother.  My kids give me that honor - when they are independent, self-assured and grow into great adults.  

That's how I see it

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com and KT Tape
*SuperHero Events Ambassador 2013-14
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.