Wednesday, May 8, 2013

*CHAR SHARES* To Inspire Others | Is It About You or Them?

Within this past week - a picture was floating around FB..

"I WANT TO INSPIRE PEOPLE.  I WANT SOMEONE TO LOOK AT ME AND SAY "BECAUSE OF YOU, I DIDN'T GIVE UP"

Many of my FB friends posted it and I don't fault them, at all. While I understand the intent of the photo, I did not post it.

I want to inspire people without strings attached 

If I want or even need others to tell me I inspire them, then my goal to inspire becomes about me, not the other person. 



For me - to inspire, cannot be about me, it's always about the other person. Whether it be working at an aid station, cheering on a fellow runner, running another runner into his/her goal or whatever else is needed.  


My running nor racing is dependent on if I do or do not receive praise from someone else.  I am honored to be a part of many other people's journey's.   I don't need them to say a word to me.  :)



(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B. & Boston Strong,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com and KT Tape
*SuperHero Events Ambassador 2013-14
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

1 comment:

  1. UGH! I hate that! As humans, we are naturally self-serving. It's hard to convince others that when volunteering, there isn't an ulterior motive.

    But you are right about inspiration and heroism. It's about integrity... doing something everyday, even when people aren't around, that you'd do the same in front of others.

    Many who do inspire others, don't even know it!

    I have told several people over the years that your race success and speed and determination and will, have all be a source of inspiration. Many are like, "Really? Wow, had no idea." And I have received the same feedback. It's a nice compliment but it's not something we should strive by... we should live it and not expect anything in return.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.