Saturday, April 13, 2013

Why I Won't Run the Boston Marathon

Why won't I run Boston?  I have not earned it.  

My number #1 Bucket Item is to run Boston by the time I am 55 years old.  I have 4 years and only 30 minutes away from BQ'ing.

Ironically, I have had many runners tell me I can run for a charity.   While noble, that is not why I want to run Boston.  I am not running it for the course or even the event - but to say that I have earned my spot in the most coveted race in America.  I will earn it or I will not run Boston.

I will not run it for a charity or any other option. I will earn it, or my feet will never go there.  

I have a plan to return to LAM 2014 and run a 4:05-:10.  That puts me less than 15 minutes of a BQ. 

Then, in 2015 (if all holds up) - I will shoot for my BQ.  As you all know, I am not a fan of the Full distance - and at this point, LAM will be my one and only Full each year.  If I was to pick a place to BQ, it would be LAM.  The place of my first Full Marathon. 

I will spend the next few years working, inching my way towards Hopinkinsville.  I like Unicorn's - especially this one....



Good luck to all the Boston Marathon runners - enjoy every step in this historic day!


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com and KT Tape
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I went to Boston to celebrate my 30th birthday. I'm hoping to earn my ticket for my 40th birthday. Good luck with your quest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your BQ and good luck for your next goal

      Delete
  2. Couldn't believe it. Your picture was on King 5 news in Seattle tonight talking about wearing race shirts on Tuesday. Hope you are doing well.
    Michelle in Bremerton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite confused as to why my picture would be on the news. I did a few FB posts and twitter tweets. I had no idea it was being picked up by news outlets. I am grateful my hometown of Seattle is spreading the word, to show support. Thank you for letting me know.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.