Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Plans Have Not Changed | I Will Not Run Boston...



....until I earned it.  

Despite the horrific tragedy of Monday AM.
Despite the hours of despair I felt looking for friends
Despite the violation I feel against the sport and our country

I will run the Boston, when I earn it.  

I support and applaud anyone who wishes to join a team or charity to run Boston, but I will not.  

I feel that the best way I can honor the heritage and what it means to me, is earn my place there.  So many will earn that right, before me - and they should be there.

I feel that those who ran this year - should automatically receive an entry. They earned it, in more ways than I could ever. 

I am humbled that two companies have asked me to join their Boston team for 2014.  I turned them down.

I have not earned the right to be there.  

As many of you - Boston has my heart.  Whether it be on the roads in Las Vegas or wherever I race.

Someday, I will be there - just not, for awhile.

(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com and KT Tape
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.