Thursday, April 18, 2013

It Will Be Okay | Run for Life


Last night, I had a speedwork session.  Never once, did I think of not going.  Someone was waiting for me to show up.  I didn't have the desire to say "not showing up tonight".  

As I approached the track and saw my friend in the distance, I walked towards him.  He looked up and without a word - we walked right into each other arms and hugged.  It was unplanned, it wasn't thought about.  No words.

Those who know me, I am not a huggy person.  Especially when I am hurting or upset - don't touch me (lol).  Yet, at that moment, I felt so heavy in my heart - the hug was natural.  My friend had run Boston, back in the day when you had to run a sub3 or not show up.  He was deeply connected to that race and that city.  I thought of my many runner friends who are emotionally suffering right now.

As we turned to do our first 200, I felt tears develop in my eyes - I felt guilty.  I was running and others could not.  I was running and others could not finish the race.

Yet, as I turned to the last 100 - the media images of that day ran through my mind.  I felt my legs go faster and I realized I was running (in my mind) to help out those in need.

Human instinct took over and my own body pain was irrelevant.  We ran 7 more intervals and I felt amazing well, after each interval.

Running is different to me.  It symbolizes what we are and what we will continue to be.  I may not have a stellar race, every time I step out the door or at the Start Line - but I am different.

Somehow, in this midst of this tragedy - we will find good and find the resolve to make our lifestyle more personable.

While running cannot change what happened on Monday.  I was changed last night on that little track. 

Last night, God gave me an amazing gift - wonderful sleep and a vivid dream of holding my Ladybug in my arms and I am running to keep her from harm.  

And in that dream, she spoke to me..."it's going to be okay momma, it's going to be okay"

Yes, it will. 





(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-13
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored by
RobKellerMD.com and KT Tape
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.