Saturday, February 9, 2013

RACE REPORT: Love on the Run 5k


Another 5k this morning.  This time with Elemental Running's "Love on the Run". It was a 3 race day in the Vegas Valley.  Wish I could of cloned myself to support each one, but this year - I chose Love on the Run.

Once again, I did not run with a goal time, but to give 100% effort. That was a non-negotiable.  I didn't want to wear shorts nor leggings, so I wore my running capri's.  Not my favorite, but better than cold thighs.

The race started behind Fleet Feet Sports - Las Vegas and continued along side of Kellog-Zaher park.  I can't say I dislike the course, but I ran this same course (different event) and came through at 27:00.  Icky.  So, I was not sure what to expect from it, this year - especially since I know it has a nice sized hill and up and down inclines quite a bit.

From the gun, I kept up with the 2nd place Male until Mile 1.  First place took off and I swear he finished the race before we even got started.  2nd Place Male dropped back and another male passed me.  I was in 3rd Overall and 1st Female.  Okay...really weird. 

My Garmin was all over the place with pace.  My body could not make up it's mind.  I just controlled the effort.  As typical, those inclines and hills are not my friend.  No matter how strong I get, my legs fail me on hills.  Heavy sigh. 

When I did the turn around, I was able to see how was behind me.  Well, I didn't see anyone.  lol   Then, coming up about a mile behind me was my good buddy, Jill Whitaker (Jill Will Run).  So great to see her running and doing so well. 

I came into the Finish at 26 and some change.  I was disappointed, but my son reminded me that I ran that same course at 27:00+ last year.  Okay, a 30 second course PR.  I actually felt great running, even though I felt myself slow down at the inclines & hills on the front end.  My effort was 100% and I felt great. 

I picked up my 1st Place Trophy (although, I felt silly taking a trophy for a 26+ Finish Time) and each Finisher received a custom tile with the race logo.  Nice souvenir!



Group photo of the 10k winners and 5k winners





Traditional post race photo with Ladybug's Ball

With great friends, Jill Whitaker and Sara Mooney (not sure why my face looks squishy)


 Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored Brand Ambassador for
RobKellerMD.com
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.