Sunday, October 21, 2012

To My Runner Friends | Thank You!

When I woke up this AM, I had an overwhleming sense of gratitude.  I believe in living a life of "attitude of gratitude" - being thankful for all things.  Having the money to pay my bills, having a healthy body to enjoy the life, my family, my friends and so much more.

But, today - my first thoughts were all of you My followers, my readers and my running family. As I walked into my office to begin a half day of work, my eyes were drawn to my medals & awards.  I went to my medals and started to look at all the pictures I have collected during my races.  I was not looking at my Finish Times or even the course elevations - I was looking at pictures of all of those I have met along the way.

The people who were there when I blew out my hip in March 2011
The people who stood by the roadside cheering me onto my first sub2 Half Marathon
The people who embraced me at my first Full Marathon
The people who were at the aid station at my First Half after the Vegas disaster
The pre and post-race pictures of so many of my fellow Fanatics and Maniacs
The post-race parties
The course photos with friends
The hugs
The tears
The high-fives

Take away all my medals and awards...anytime - but I will fight, if you try to take away my photos.

Those photos are the reason I race. They represent the best memories of my races. In the beginning, I wanted all the bling I could have.  Now..when I cross the Finish Line, my first thoughts are cheering on other runners and being with my runner friends. Friends from California, Nevada, Arizona, Chicago, NY, Florida and more.

To be able to be witness to my friends reach their goals and for them to be there, when I reach mine.

I am forever grateful for this journey - we call running and being able to be witness to so many life-changing moments in so many people's lives.

Thank you to each of you for sharing in my journey of incredible high's and devastating low's.  When I see your smiling faces waiting for me at the Finish Line or see you coming into the Finish Line as I wait for you...you are the best medal of them all.  Your friendship.

  • Each one of your inspires me beyond what you can imagine. 
  • Each one of you challenges me to be the best I can be.

You put the FAB in my running.... :)


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored Brand Ambassador for
RobKellerMD.com
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13

RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.