Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Week in Review | Time for the Body to Heal

As many of you have noticed, I have not ran, nor worked-out much in the past 2 weeks, since the St George Marathon.

The week after St George...I purposefully gave my body and my mind a rest.  My first real run was on the trail this past Saturday.


As most of you know by now, I had 4 falls.  The last one was pretty fierce - hit my head, banged my shoulder and banged up my left knee pretty bad.

I didn't realize until I got home the severity of my trail wounds.  I know nothing is broken, but I looked like I have obsessively picked at my body, from head to toe.  

BTW, I don't like to post pictures of my running wounds, bruises, hanging toenails and such.  I find that really gross & creepy, when others do it.  But, to each their own.

So...this week has been a bummer week. The most I am able to do is Ab workouts, Arms and some Hammie/Glutes.

I feel the knee is doing better, a lot better.  While walking around isn't difficult anymore, I know the impact of running would hinder my healing.

My hope is to get a light jog within the next day or two or at least a good powerwalk.

The body needs time to heal. 

Rest & healing is a part of training.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2010-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored Brand Ambassador for
RobKellerMD.com
*San Francisco Marathon Ambassador 2012-13

RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter
~Blog Disclaimer - Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.