Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Healthy Eating Tips from Other Bloggers | Part 1

I thought it would be fun to post a blog about their #1 Healthy Eating Tip.  

I believe if we can make one healthy choice, it will lead to another and then another.  

As my way of saying thank you for their contribution, I am stating their name and their website.  Please visit their websites and see what they have to offer.   P.S. I am not compensated in any way to post their comments nor URL's.  

My many thanks to those who contributed - it was a TOUGH choice which tips to include...

Stay tuned - PART 2 will be posting within the next week......


  • Focus on eating 7-9 servings of veggies and fruits daily! It's a more positive mindset than what not to eat.                           Amanda -http://www.RunToTheFinish.com
  • Cut out white sugar!  It's hard to do for a few days, but after that your mind becomes clearer and it is a million times easier to make healthy choices because you aren't craving the sugar anymore.  In studies with rats, they found sugar to be as addictive (and in some studies, more addictive) than cocaine.                  Andrea - http://www.a-doctor-in-the-house.com
  • Choose smaller, obtainable goals.  So choose for yourself, and choose a goal you know you can achieve, because the pride of that success will only lead you further, and the rest will come with time, patience, and the discipline you will develop along your journey.           Ari - http://arismenu.com 
  •  Learn how to read a food label. Realize that even more important than how many grams of fat, carbs or protein is WHAT ingredients make up that food.                                                                       Brittany - www.littlebshealthyhabits.com

  • My one tip for healthier eating is MORE GREEN VEGETABLES! I am a certified holistic health coach, and I see tons of people that get whole grains, fruit, lean protein, and more but noticeably missing is leafy greens.  Clare - www.fittingitallinblog.com 
     
     
    
    • When eating out, take time to look at the nutrition information online before you arrive at the restaurant. Choose what you are going to eat before you arrive and do not budge, even for free dessert. Most restaurants don't blink an eye at special requests, so hold the sauce and keep it within your goals. You can eat clean and have a great time out with friends.                        
      Donloree - www.donloree.com
       
  • Food journaling has helped me become more conscious of what I put into my body, where my food comes from, and the different types of macronutrients a serving of food has. It's also a means of letting me know what I tend to crave at certain parts of the day so I'm more aware of what my body needs. Kate - www.kateiseating.com 
  • FOOD PREP for sure. Whether you do bulk cooking one or two days a week or prep all your meals for the next day the night before...just prep!  It truly is the only way I stay on track.  If you get hungry and don't have anything healthy around it's likely you'll make poor choices to quickly satisfy your cravings.   Kristin -http://www.mymissionimpossible.com/

  • You don't have to give up your favorite foods. It's all about moderation, not deprivation,   Kymberly & Alexandra - http://funandfit.org
Stay tuned - PART 2 will be posting within the next week...


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored Brand Ambassador for
RobKellerMD.com

RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! What a great idea and so much useful information in one spot! Thank you so much for including me....can't wait to read part 2!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.