Saturday, September 22, 2012

*CHAR SHARES* There Is No Try



We all say it..."well, at least I am trying!"  

But, we are not TRYING - we are DOING.  If you are running that race or that training run.  It's DOING, not TRYING. 

As many of you know, I have been plagued with fatigue/heavy legs for the past 6 months.  Only until 2 1/2 weeks ago, did I find my answer.  But, my legs are still tired.  Not as tired, but for 6 months I unknowingly fatigued my legs.  Hard to say, how long it will take to recover, especially since I am still in training for races. Yet, with every run, my legs feel better.

During those races and training runs, where I felt I was running in cement and couldn't move another 1/10 of a mile, I kept reminding myself...DO THIS.  Yes, it was very disappointing to see some of my Finish Times, and to know I didn't run my best.  But, I did it.  I ran those Half's, Full's, 5k's, etc.  The point is getting it DONE, not always the end result.


I have seen runners (including myself) win Overall, Age Division and even get PR's and say, "not sure how that happened, I wasn't feeling it today"

But, have an 'A' race, where everything clicks and you know it - that is a race for the ages.

Next time you catch yourself saying, "At least I am trying!"

Change it to

"I am DOING it!" 

Because you are, we are.  One foot in front of the other is DOING it, it's not trying to do it.

# # #

*NEW:  Be sure to subscribe to my blog.  Top right hand corner - enter your email address to receive an email with all my blog updates.  

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
*Sponsored Brand Ambassador for
RobKellerMD.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.