Monday, August 13, 2012

BLOG INTERVIEW: Troy Ormonde - Aliante Running Club

Continuing on my blog series of highlighting individuals/clubs/teams that are making a positive difference in their community. This installment is with Troy Ormonde
_________________

I met Troy at the Finish Line of my first ever race, the Vegas Half in 2010.  A former Chicago Cubs Pitcher, he is now an accomplished Triathlete. Recently married - he resides with his wife and son in Las Vegas.

Troy Ormonde
1. When and why did you start the club?

I started Aliante Running Club as a social training outlet to both the Aliante/North Las Vegas Community as well as the members of my gym. Our first official run was March 6, 2012 and we have been growing and getting people fitter every week! My number one focus with the group is fitness; racing is second.

2. What is your role at the Anytime Fitness?

I am the Club Manager and handle marketing for two of the clubs in the Vegas Valley

3. What is your athletic experiences?

In 1994 I was drafted by the Chicago Cubs as a pitcher. In 2009 I began cycling and running which eventually led me to competing in triathlons. In the community I have coached T Ball.

4. What can you offer at your club?


Our group offers a safe, FUN, non-intimidating running environment with positive encouragement for our new members/guests as well as a competitive environment for those with “faster feet”.

5. Who can come to your club?

Aliante Running Club
Anyone with a desire to improve their fitness. Everyone and anyone are welcome to our club. Slow, fast, short or long distance, there is something for everyone.

6. Any special events coming up?

November 10th 2012 my club will be the official Anytime Fitness representative for the Great Urban Race National Championships being held here in Las Vegas.

You can connect with Troy and the Aliante Running Club at their FB Page





 # # #

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.