Thursday, July 26, 2012

San Francisco Weekend Focus

In the midst of planning my trip, I forgot to post my traditional post!


Wow, this is going to be jammed packed weekend - never a moment alone, but it's ALL good

  • Saturday - I will "race" the Brazen Racing "Bad Bass" 5k.  I put the race in quotes, because after a 9-10 hour drive the day before, who knows how my legs will feel.  If they are overly fatigued, I will be run/walking with a bunch of my California buddies, who are using Bad Bass as a last minute tune-up for the SF Full.  I am looking forward to seeing The Endorphin Dude and meeting The Cheweenie!  

Afterwards, we head to the Expo and then onto the Marathon Maniac/Half Fanatic Dinner (organized by The Endorphin Dude).

  • Sunday - gun time is at 8:30am, but since I am not familiar with the road closures, I am leaving REAL early.  Angela and I hope to be at the start at 7am.  Gives us an hour and half to warm up, potty breaks, etc.

My race focus?  This is my last long run before the ET Full and it just happens to be in my one my all-time favorite cities.  I have not been there since 1983.  The course is relatively flat with some declines.  Who knows what the legs will do.  With the cooler temps, my body could get really excited or decide it's so happy to be in cooler temps that it wants to sightsee along the way.

Fueling:  Clif Bar energy bars and Clif Blok Shots (Mountain Berry)

Fuel Belt:  iFitness Double Pouch Belt.

Shirt:  Half Fanatics Singlet

Shoes:  Black/Blue Kinvara 2's (and Calf Compression sleeves)

Visor:  White

Finish Goal:  always sub2, but I let my body decide on race day

It will be a great time to get out of the Vegas heat and most importantly, spending time with runner friends.

Next stop - San Francisco!!!

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. LOVE San Francisco! Born and raised in the Bay Area, I would escape over there as much as I could. There is nothing in the world like that cool, damp air in the morning and watching the fog envelope the city. I could fall asleep listening to the city's foghorns.
    Enjoy your time there and most of all, enjoy your runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a safe drive and a great weekend! Excited to hear how the Brazen race goes. Have looked at a few of their future races since the reviews seem to be positive. Happy running!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.