Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feeling Like Forrest Gump At the Moment

Monday was my first run since last Tuesday.  As you may recall, I had emergency dental surgery (broken tooth and a torn gum line) on Wednesday AM.  By Thursday AM I was BEYOND sick from the meds and spent the next 24 hrs becoming very intimate with the trash can or toilet.  Bed rest was ordered for me, through the weekend.

I did a good stretching out on Sunday, and boy did that feel good!

I set out to do an easy 3, last night.  I was being cautious, I didn't know how it would feel.  My mouth is still very achy and I have stitches.  Dr told me I had to keep my work outs to the light side until he saw me again tomorrow (Wednesday).

So...I started running...and hit 3 miles I was...I am going to just keep going another mile.  Jamming out to my favorite tunes, enjoying the night time weather and RUNNING again.

Running all over the place...I had no idea how many miles I had run, until I mapped it out online, when I got home.

I felt absolutely great.  I didn't feel I pushed it AT ALL, but based on the time I left and came home I was running close to a 9 min pace most of the time. Not bad for an easy run, huh?

I felt like Forrest Gump...





Some have asked how I stayed hydrated since I was only going to run for 3 miles.  My number rule of thumb - I never leave for ANY run, for ANY distance without my hydration bottle.  I carry a larger Ultimate Direction Handheld, so it holds all the water I need for up to 13 miles.  I also run by several stores & gas stations, so if I need to refill water, I can do that.

12 days until San Francisco Half
18 days until ET Full

Have you ever had a Forrest Gump run?  Feel free to share.............

P.S.  Some have asked about the BIG giveaway contest I have planned.  I am still working on prizes!  Stay tuned


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. In the 90's when this movie came out I was running up west sahara training for a marathon, i had a beard and a red hat, 3 kids on the side of the road started yelling "run forrest run" . I thought it was pretty cool and it made the second half of the run a lot easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better. I know you like getting out daily (often multiple times). =) Still trying to make it up for SF to see when you are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's been hard staying inside, but it was needed for my body to heal from the revolt of those nasty meds. Hope to see you in a few weeks

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.