Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NEED BOOK IDEAS | What Would You Like to Read?



When I was in Jr High I discovered my love of writing.  It was my goal to be a Journalist.  I even received an offer to work at a local newspaper after High School (which fell through at the last moment).

I still like to write.  I still have all my short stories and poetry from earlier years.

Every so often (actually, at least once a week) I receive a private email asking if I have authored or book or when will I write a book.

As much as I love to write - the idea of writing a book eludes me.  I am not one who wants to sit down and write a biography (everyone does that).

So - I am asking all my readers to help me decide on what type of book to write.  I would like to begin writing it this year and maybe finish in 2013. 

What I will not write about:

-Techniques of running
-Nutritional issues
-Recipe book
-Weight Loss


Why not?  There are enough (if not, too many) books on those subjects.  I would like to write a book that inspires people - but exactly what and how?


I feel it time to pursue the idea of writing a book...but I won't write a book, just to write a book.  It must serve a purpose.  I will hire an Editor because I will self-publish.  I have seen WAY too many self-published books that should never been published.  Bad storytelling, bad grammar - just bad overall.  I won't do that.


As an Runner - what do you want to read about?  Thanks in advance for your ideas and input - I look forward to hearing about them.  Please comment below....

P.S.  If I choose to write a book - the person who comes up with the best idea...I will acknowledge them in my book and they will receive an autographed copy of my book, when it is in print.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.