Monday, June 25, 2012

My Gratitude for your Support

When I posted my Devil 5K results, I had no idea the outpouring of support that would take place.

Between Twitter, my FB Fan Page, my FB personal page, emails and text messages - I am overwhelmed and humbled to have such wonderful people in my life.  This is the reason I love the racing community - we support each other.  Doesn't matter what singlet, shirt, colors you are wearing - we all celebrate each others accomplishments.  

Sunday morning the race results were posted....



That is when it hit me...I cried. I had won my first Female Overall Award. 

But, I felt like Hillary Swank who forgot to thank her then husband (Chad Lowe) during her Academy Awards Acceptance speech - I feel I have not given the proper thank you to all of you. 



Although my 5K doesn't compare to the Olympics or Academy Awards, it means something to me - Even though I have won 2 other MASTERS Female First Place titles, this award is special.  I am humbled that on this particular morning, God chose to give me the skills to achieve my Overall Finish goal. I may never have another Overall Finish Award again, and that's okay with me. 


So many of you have known my struggles of the past 2 years and especially the past 6+ months.  I am humbled and grateful for the outpouring of congrats and everyone sharing in my celebration.  All of you, made it that much more special.

To those who wish you could win an award - Believe it is within your grasp.  Anyone can achieve their goals.  If this 50 year old can do it - anyone can. Age is just a number.

I move forward to the next race....thank you again for all your support and congrats!  xo

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
RRCA Certified Running Coach, IFA Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.