Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We Give Up and then we Gain

Today, I was on Skype with a virtual coaching client.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy seeing my clients grow, improve and reach their goals.

We were briefly chatting about making life improvements (I prefer "improvements" vs "change")

I said to her.... (paraphrased)

We often feel we are giving up something in our lives when we make that choice to be healthy, as our bodies want us to be.  We feel like "oh dear, giving up my hamburgers & fries"

But the laws of the nature show us that when we give up - we always receive something in return.  Yea, sometimes it's not a good return, but in this case - we receive the ultimate prize: Better quality of life"

Yes, it might take more time out of your day to work out or prepare your food at home but the returns are amazing:



1.  Saving money by not going out to each so much
2.  Instead of sitting on the couch or on the TV you are doing something for your body + mind
3.  Making new friends in the running community
4.  Sense of accomplishment when you reach your goals

The next time you feel you are doing without - remember this, would you rather do without your health or the TV?

The choice is ours to make, we are the ones in ultimate control over our bodies...I choose health and vitality! 

What about you? 



(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.