Monday, April 2, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW: NeoCell Sport | This is a Keeper

The week prior to Surf City Half Marathon (February 2012) I decided to go meatless in my diet.  I didn't like the way I felt after eating meat.  I often had a bloated, horrible feeling after eating any meat. 

Since then, I have ate some Tuna Sushi, but a small amount.

In my quest to find great recipes for my new way of eating and meal planning.  I was told to consume Hemp powder to ensure I had enough protein in my diet.  I was intrigued so I purchased some.

Within 12 hrs of consuming Hemp powder - I was taken back to the night of the Vegas Half.  If you know that story, you know where I am going with this.

So, I backed off for a day - let it get out of my system and cut down the recommended dosage by Half.

Same problem.  Vegas nightmare relieved.

Took another day off and brought it down to 1/8 of the recommended daily dosage.

Same problem.

I gave up.  However, I was determined to find a protein source I could stomach.  I was recommended to NeoCell Collagen Sport. I know, I know Collagen is cultivated from animals.  But, I was willing to try it, since I wasn't EATING meat, maybe the effects would be different.  After reading about the product, it intrigued me.  From their website: 

The Rundown:

  • 15 grams Pure Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate
  • 15 grams Super Collagen™ Bioavailable Peptides
  • Rich in BCAAs
  • Good source of L-Glutamine
  • Enhanced with Exogenous Amino Acids
  • Multi-vitamin Fortification
  • Doctor Formulated

What’s NOT in Collagen Sport™

  • Gluten, Wheat, Sugar & Lactose Free
  • No Artificial Sweeteners or Flavors
  • No Fillers or Synthetic Ingredients

They great staff at NeoCell agreed to send me their product so I could try and write a review.

I started consuming the protein powder the first week of March.  Within 2 days, I noticed I didn't have any gassy or stomach cramps.  Okay - GREAT direction. 

Within a few days, I started to see a difference in the texture of my skin. 

And never, even until this day - have I had any stomach issues.  I consume it every morning in my smoothie.  I hear of some who put it in water in the hopes of making a milk shake type of drink.  That doesn't interest me.

I took the protein powder with me to the LA Marathon.  Made the smoothie ahead of time and my husband had it waiting for me at the Finish Line.  I was tired, I wasn't hungry (yet) and I was the typical sore - but I managed to get it down. I knew my body needed Protein and within that 35 minute window.

The results?  I never had major soreness or aches after the race.  Even days later.  My only soreness was a few late-blooming blisters on a few little toes.  That's pretty amazing, isn't it?

I am sold on this product and recommending it everyone, especially long distance athletes.  It comes in two flavors - French Vanilla and Barvarian Chocolate.  I like using the French Vanilla, because I often make my smoothies with Dark Chocolate Almond Milk.   Other ideas for smoothies - fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds - anything you desire. 

NeoCell is offering a free giveaway to my readers!  The winner will receive a 2-week supply of their choice of flavors. TO ENTER:  Just comment in the comment section below and you will be automatically entered into the drawing.  At the end of the giveaway period, I will post the last comment and the name of the winner.  The winner will have 48 hours to contact me via email to claim their prize.  If I do not hear from the winner within the 48 hrs - I will draw another name, until a winner has become official.

CONTEST ends, Sunday, April 8th at 11:59pmPST

Good luck and I promise you will love, LOVE this product!

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I would love to give this product a try. I am always looking for good protein supplements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering - sorry you didn't win :(

      Delete
  2. Great review Charlene! Would LOVE to try something like this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering - sorry you didn't win :(

      Delete
  3. I have too have GI issues and I'd love to see how this might help me. Thanks for the review and contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATS you are the winner! Please contact me at RunCoachCharlene@gmail.com with your name and mailing address (within 48 hours)

      Delete
  4. I would love to try this. I have similar problems consuming meat so I am always looking for alternate protein sources. Great review, and thanks for hosting the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for entering - sorry you didn't win :(

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.