Saturday, March 24, 2012

RACE REPORT: Run Away with Cirq Du Soleil 5k

After running the LA Marathon, I had no expectations, but only hoped to finish sub26.  I finished in 25:38 (124th out of 954 racers), which I am very pleased with, considering I just ran a Full Marathon 6 days ago.

In addition, I had a few nights of very little sleep, so I was very tired, but I set out to run the LVTC Championship race for the Ninja team. 

Team Photo with the Cirq Performers:


Out of 954 racers - these were our Ninja Team results: 

The Ninja Men:   That was won by Thomas Johnson - we call him our "Maverick".  4th Overall was our Team Co-Founder, Alejandro Belmares, Gamini Sugathadasa in 6th, Michael Johnston in 11th and Gabriel Dunkle rounding of the Ninja Men at 43rd.

The the Ninja Females: Second Place Female Overall, Theresa Guerra.  1st Place in her Age Group, Priscilla Ortiz.  4th in her Age Group, (me), Achieving her time goal fo sub27 Amy Leonard and TWO (not ONE, but TWO) SMASHING PR's from Angela Wozniak and Karen Hannington.  A Milestone was reach for Angela, as she sub-30 for the first time at a timed 5K race.  

Why do I bring this up on my race report?  Our Team won the 5K Team Championship "Trophy" (we didn't even know there was a team competition!). Below is a photo of the glass plaque/trophy


Here is Co-Founder, Alejandro Belmares with the well-deserved plaque.


Overall, the event was..... just okay.  I liked the course.

No picture with me and Ladybug's ball this event- it was all about the Team, today (but I am sure she was still running along side of me)

The event not one of my favorites.  I am becoming less and less a fan of these gimmicky, "costumey" type of events.  Overall - glad I went to see my teammates WIN, Ninja style and to see that Team Trophy in our hands!!!!

Next event:  Virtual Fab Running Event on March 31st & April 1st.   
Next race:  Inaugural Hollywood Half Marathon - April 7th

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments: