Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Letter to RnR | Regarding RnRLV '12 Proposed Changes


Dear RnR,

It is no secret I was critical to your business practices and how you handled 2011. You violated the trust of the racers and put a black mark against my city, Las Vegas. We cannot change the past, but we can learn.

In the recent months, I remained VERY vocal with one goal: to ensure racer safety and give them a race they deserve in my city.

THAT CONTINUES TO BE MY FOCUS: 
 runner safety and an enjoyable racing experience for all.

With that, I have read your proposed changes.

Found at: http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/2012/03/las-vegas/2012-race-improvements_27019

While anything can look good on paper and words are only words until there is physical evidence of the changes, I want to acknowledge that you are apparently making an attempt to resolve the issues that were put before you.

While other issues remain (running out of medals, shirts, lack of  trained volunteers and most importantly, what is the racer cap number?) - the efforts you have taken to publish your goals to ensure a SAFE and good experience for all is commendable, and I will give you that much.

I can only hope that 2011 is something that will never take place in my city nor any other city.

Take this opportunity to prove us wrong and show us you are what you believe you are: the premier racing company. Racers and cities are counting on you to do the right thing, despite how much it hurts your bottom line.

My racing career began with you in 2010. It's an experience I will never forget and I can only hope that many others will someday experience the same in Vegas.

For now, the jury is still out (for me) and I will keep my opinions to myself until I see what happens in 2012.

To all the racers who choose to run this race - Vegas welcomes you with open arms. We love our tourists! We wish you safe travels and thank you in advance for coming to our great city.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Well said Charlene, I was against the 90 minute headstart for the full until I saw the separated courses, (Running down north Decatur? Oh Well, It's all pavement anyway!) Im all in again as it is my Home marathon! Im with you, Looks good on paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and observations. As I said in my blog post, my focus has and always will be runner safety and the opportunity for a great race/experience. With their proposed changes, I hope that the racers who are choosing register receive that.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.