Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Preliminary Details of FAB Virtual Race | Comments Invited!



I made a promise to myself and all the athletes - that I would never stop the fight for runner safety.

What you don't see is the countless hours I have spent on the phone, email, etc to offer information on what can make our sport better. I can give you assurance that there are many, MANY Race Directors who genuinely care about our race experiences.

I have NO problems with any Race Director organization/company making a profit, but I do have issues with company who use these profits in a negligent fashion that provides no medals, no shirts, unsafe course, little to non-medical care or the basic of racing resources. Education is needed.

I will always keep the fight going - the racing community deserves it.

A few weeks ago, I pondered how I could put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. What could I do to provide resources to make a difference?

As the new year approached, I saw a lot of Virtual Races being planned on Twitter, Facebook and through bloggers. I love this idea. It's an opportunity for any racer to race on a given day and feel they are a part of something special, wherever they are. No travel needed.

I am in the beginning stages of developing a Virtual Race that will take place in February. My virtual race will be pulling out all the stops to make it a great and rewarding experience for all.

A few preliminary details:

1. Low-cost 5k.  No price increase during registration period.  Everyone will pay the same low-cost.

2. All participants will receive a customized FINISHER MEDAL (I believe every racer should get some bling!)

3. All participants receive a customized silicone bracelet.

4. All participants will be eligible to win some GREAT running products (wait until you see the products - WOW!)

5. All participants can print their own bib for race day (bib is optional)

And the best part.....

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to RRCA (Road Racing of America) who educates Race Directors and Athletes on the importance of runner safety. www.RRCA.org

Racers earn bling - and the we help a great cause that benefits us all! 

Race Day details to be announced soon!

If you have any ideas, you would like to see for a Virtual Race - please don't hesitate to leave a comment.   I am open for new ideas!


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.