Monday, January 16, 2012

"Adversity is a Fact of Life..." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Adversity.  Challenges.  Pain.  We all avoid it.  We try to find the shortest route with the less amount of pain and fatigue. 

When we step up to the start line - we make the decision to push or not to push.  Our reasons (motivation) is very personal.  Some, wish to go all out, despite the body pain and discomfort.  Some choose to hold back - that could be out of fear, injury, lack of fitness, etc. 

Avoiding adversity - is not possible.  We face adversity the moment we decide to take better care of our lives.  We live in a society that is all about "fast food" and self-indulgence.  Eating healthy - we instantly become the outcasts.  While my diet is not perfect (I do love my potato chips and Red Vines!) - I can't help but wonder all those who eat to the point of obesity, gluttony and self-satisfaction will feel satisfied in their dying days. 

Adversity is part of our life - today, we honor Martin Luther King, Jr.  The older I become - the more I appreciate his life and his mission.  I remember the day he was gunned down.  I can't help but wonder if he was still alive, could he have made a difference?  Society wasn't ready for him - and I am not sure they will ever be to such a man, as him.

"Adversity is a fact of life. It can't be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it." - Martin Luther King, Jr.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.