Friday, December 9, 2011

A RnRLV Racers Heart and Spirit Reigns

It is said that in the face of tragedy, the true human spirit reveals itself.

I have seen that Spirit rise up through FB and Twitter.

I have read countless stories of strength, courage and the ability to overcome the most adverse situations.

Was it all in the name of a medal or a PR?

No.

It was to LIVE. Plain and simple. When our brains know that something is fiercely wrong, we go into survival, we do whatever we can to just survive. Sometimes we get angry, sometimes we cry. But, in the end - we survive and we are stronger.


To all my fellow RnRLV racers - you have inspired me with your passion to stand up for what you know is right, demanding accountability and justice. You have shared your stories with the masses without holding back.

I applaud you for your grit, your courage and your ability to not just walk away and stay silent. You inspire me and many others.

To those who are still sick - take comfort in knowing the answer will be found. You are not alone.

As we all move onto our healing, training and our next race - take this experience to make yourself a better athlete and person. I know I am. I will change the way I run and race to ensure I am protected. I will take my safety into my own hands, instead of putting into the hands of greedy individuals who find it necessary to compromise my health for their "economic success".

Racing is your sport. Racing is my sport. Races are for us. Let no one tell you otherwise.

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.