Monday, December 26, 2011

Not All Injuries Are Created Equal

Hope everyone had a great Christmas weekend! At the Ragsdale house we had lots of fun, great (healthy) food and even went to watch the Michael Jackson, "Immortal".

I am entering into my second week of PT for my neck/back/arm.

I don't *do* sick/pain well at all. I get very tired of it, very quickly. I could never be a hypochondriac.

To clarify again - my neck/back/arm issues are NOT a result of running. I do not have a running injury. The muscle structure, tendons, etc damage was caused by my violent vomiting and shaking at RnRLV. I am under great medical care (who are also runners) and they know exactly what happens to a body when it is under such stress and how to treat it. I also learned that sneezing is one of the most violent things to your body. Who knew!

No one was more shocked than me to hear that vomiting and shaking could cause such damage to the body.

The good news is each day, I am improving. I don't quite feel like my old self, while running. But, at least I am now able to run and workout. In the initial days of pain - getting a glass out of the kitchen cabinet was impossible.

As long as I am heading in the right direction towards healing - I am happy. I know the body takes time to heal, and I am willing to give it time to do so.

Just yesterday, I lengthened my spine/column while running and it sure made the running easier and so much lighter. If you have not already, please check out www.ChiRunning.com - if you are tired of injuries, fatigue and more - you need to change your form. You will become stronger, smarter and faster with ChiRuning. 

And just so that you know, I am not on any pain medications. I am healing via PT, ART/Graston with my Chiro, good nutrition, stretching and LOTS of icing/heat. Why no meds? I don't need a band-aid, I need to be healed.

Thanks for all of your concern, my Docs expect a complete recovery.

Onward to 2012!


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011-12
___________________
Run F.A.B.,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Running Coach, Certified Sports Nutritionist & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.