Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Thanks to the Running Community

As many who have run the Vegas races, we have spent the last week in reflection and "wow, it's been a year already?"

I could never express the bucket of emotions I feel right now, knowing that within a few short days I will return to where it all began, the Vegas Half.

I am proud to welcome all of you to our wonderful city. I am proud to know that 44K people will run The Strip and you WILL inspire many on the sidelines. There will be people who will take up a healthier lifestyle because they see YOU run this race.

While this past year has been a roller coaster of happenings, there is one constant in my life - and that is the love, support and encouragement of the running community.

You held me up in my darkest of hours this past Spring when we gave Ladybug her final rest.

You cheered me on as I came back to the race course after an injury.

You guided me and gave me insight, even in my silliest of questions.

You were there when I crossed that finish line at my first sub2 Half Marathon. 

You will be there with me as I cross the Finish Line in Vegas, again. 

Above all else, you were there for me, everyday - every step of the way -  so I could return to Vegas - when there were times I thought I wouldn't make it.

From the bottom of my heart - down to the soles of my running shoes, I thank each of you for embracing my journey and sharing the experiences with me.

I am blessed to be witness to your journey and to see what great things lie ahead for all of you.

See you at the Start - and then the Finish. 

Time to ROCK!

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.