Monday, November 28, 2011

The Plight of Not Having Runners Legs (or Butt)

As runners, we often discuss the conversations, the critiques we receive from our non-running friends and family.

When I meet someone knew - and in the conversation IF I happen to mention I am a long distance runner - something ALWAYS happens

They look....

at my legs

Every time - their eyes work their way DOWN.

I have long legs, but they are FAR from the elite athletic looking legs. At 5'8" and 125lbs, I am quite "hippy" and have had lifelong saddlebags, cellulite-filled butt -  no matter how much I work, diet or run. Oh well. It's just part of my DNA, I guess.

These are the legs I dream of (which won't happen)



Yet, I find it quite annoying that male or female immediately looks at my legs! I could wearing a skirt/dress or pants - they still look at my legs!

"HELLO, I am up here!" is what I want to say

What are they thinking when they look down THERE

"Gee, she doesn't look like a Marathoner!"
"Her butt doesn't look like a runner's butt?"
"I bet she has really ugly legs"

Okay non-running peeps - tell me, WHAT are you LOOKING AT?

Inquiring running minds, wants to know!

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I bet they are thinking, "Wow! Now we know why she looks so hot!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, suuuuuuuuuuure - that is what they are thinking :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a runner and I am a 13 year old girl. I am only 4'10" (hopefully I grow this summer). Before I started running I expected to have super tiny things and calves, but now that I've been running I realize that runners have bulky, toned legs. I am not quite sure I like it, but it must resemble hard work. At school I do a running elective every Tuesday and Thursday. We run 2-4.5 miles per class. I also run on most Saturdays too. Anyway, your blog is incredibly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and compliment. Keep up the great work and always run smart! Listen to your body.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.