Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's Been Almost a Year | Wow

Can you believe it's been almost a year?  The day after RnRLV - I started this blog page.


What a year it has been for me and so many other racer friends.  

In less than 3 weeks - I go back to the place it all began for me.  Last year, I was in it for the experience, the fun and the challenge.  That was the longest 13.1 miles I have ever run.  I got caught up in the adrenaline and much of it is still a blur to me.  I will never forget the feeling of running into the Mandalay Bay parking lot to the Finish area and seeing the cheering crowds and my family in the grandstands. 

I remember the feeling of emotions as I crossed that finish line and grabbing my first ever Finisher Medal. As I sit here, I still get goosebumps and tears in my eyes. 

This year, I race


By the time I cross the finish line at this year's RnRLV I will have run 26 races this year.   I have my favorite races and not so favorite races.  When someone asks me what was my favorite race of the past year - RnRLV will always be in the top 3.


You never forget your first time


While I have ran some killer times in the past two races - I take nothing for granted, anything can happen on race day.  I will give more energy and more focus to RnRLV than I have to any other race this year.  Afterall, it's my one RACE this year - all else were training runs to lead me back to Vegas.


Regardless of the outcome and my finish time.  I can finish knowing I had a great year and enjoyed every moment of it.

Stay tuned for more...

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.