Sunday, November 20, 2011

2 Most Asked Questions -



Since I will have run 30 races in 2011 – many have asked me the same questions -

“How do you train for your races, if you are racing almost every weekend? 

“When are your Long Run Days?”


My Answers:

1. Race days are training days for me. I use them as my speed work day (like yesterday’s 5K), gain race experience, dress rehearsal for gear checks, working on nutrition and hydration plan, etc. I plan my training schedule around races, so I can race.

2. My long runs are typically Monday’s. If I am not racing on a given Saturday or Sunday, I will often have my long run on a weekend day.

I remain flexible in my training schedule; it’s just a guide that can be changed.

So, the next time you see me running a 5K or even a 10K – know it is my speed work day. Next time you see me running a Half Marathon, I am in training for my next Half or Full Marathon. 


It’s a never-ending cycle and I like it that way! It challenges me to stay focused and enjoy each race event.

What about you? How do you alter your training schedule for race days?



(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.