Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Note from a Happy Runner | Inspiring

I have been overwhelmed by many of my clients in recent weeks.  From emails, gifts, to being at the finish line as they accomplish a goal. So humbling. If you have never been a part of someone else's journey - do it.  It will make you a better runner and person. 

I don't think any of my clients understands how INSPIRING and AMAZING they are! They inspire me and they inspire others to greatness. To be witness to their achievements is the best reward.



The other day, I received an email from one of my newer clients. This past week, I ran her on a pacing run and removed her Garmin. Why? She INSISTED she could not run faster than 10:00 pace for more than a mile. We clocked in at 6 miles at a 9:08 pace. I thought the story ended there...but it didn't.

"Hi Charlene, I wanted to tell you about what happened when I finished my run. After crying all the way home with happy tears, I walked into a house with two kids and a husband completely distraught. It was one of those nights in Mommydom.

I had one kid complaining, "I can't do my homework"

I sat down next to her in my sweaty mess and said, "mommy just ran 6 miles REALLY fast. You can do anything you want to do, if you believe. I believe you can do your homework and do it well"

My daughter wiped off her tears and finished her homework. Next day, she came home to announce she got a perfect score on her math quiz. "Mommy, when I felt I couldn't do it, I thought about what you said. You ran 6 miles really fast. If you can do that, I can do a math quiz"

I am grateful that running has shown me what I can achieve in life, not just the roads or hills. See you soon. -Cathy S."

Coaching isn't about the COACH - it's about the athlete striving to accomplish their goals. A Coach/Trainer is there to help them realize THEIR goals, not the coach’s goals. When all is said and done - it is the athlete who crosses the finish line.

My thanks to all my current (and future) clients - you inspire me!


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.