Monday, September 19, 2011

Yep, Call Me Crazy | Everyone Else Does

Yesterday, my husband and I had a conversation – I bet some of you can relate, especially if your partner does not run/workout.



(Background – husband was unable to come to the Twilight Red Rock with me, he had to work – so by the time he got home from work the next day, he still didn’t know the outcome)


Husband: “how was the course?”


Me: “unGodly brutal. In some ways better than I anticipated and in some ways worse. But, I will run that course again in March”


Husband: (Chuckling) “that’s too funny. It was brutal but you will do it again! That’s a runner for you. I still don’t’ GET IT”


Me: “I didn’t at first either, as you know – NOW, I understand the importance of doing something you think your body cannot do. Doesn’t happen overnight, and I have a LONG way to go – but I am glad I did the race, for sure.  To me, there is no greater success than achieving something great with my body”



We have all had that conversation with someone. It happens most, when someone walks into my office and sees all my medals/awards. They look at me like I am some strange alien being that was transported down to the earth to take over their minds & bodies.


However, I read this blog this am – and although it made me chuckle, I believe there is a lot of truth to it



Why is it that those who are doing what we can to improve our lives, our health and achieve goals that do the same – are the crazy ones in life? Why is it that those who choose to eat unhealthy, lead bad lifestyles are normal? Why is it that our society IDOLIZES athletes, but we don't take care of our own bodies?


Makes me wonder – how weird our world has become. Well, I for one – am glad I am not in the norm. I am in better shape and health than when I was 18 yrs old (and I am only a few months away from turning 5-0).


Call me Crazy – but I will accept it. I would rather be Crazy and Healthy, than Normal and Sick.




(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.