Tuesday, August 9, 2011

*CHAR SHARES* - My Responsibility as a Blogger

Last Fall I began my FB Fan Page and this Blog “Running With Charlene”

My goal was to share nutritional tips, ideas, my stories and product reviews of products that I have tested and used myself.

Over the course of time, I have learned the value of what I can offer my Blog Followers and my FB Fan Members. I am the average athlete, people can relate to “average.” I will never reach Elite nor Olympic status. I am a middle-aged mom; wife, friend and community member and I wouldn’t have it any other way. When a fellow runner comes to me at an event (and we have never met before) and states they follow my Blog and/or FB Page and appreciated my review or recommendation of a product, because it is helping them, too, I know my words served their purpose.

I realize that there are many options to choose products and some compete with others. If I can find the best product, at the best price – I will share that with my readers, and never apologize for doing so.

I have reviewed and endorsed everything from jewelry, running apparel, food items and nutritional supplements. My options are always open to what product I would like to test and share with my readers.

What surprises me, is when I post a review/endorsement on this blog or my FB page and a representative from a competitor company decides to contact me to let me know that my review will hurt their business, because I am not endorsing their company, instead.

I find that very comical -

• 1) I do NOT have that much clout in the athletic nor business industry. Don’t make me out to be something I am not.

• 2) It’s my Blog and my FB Fan Page – I am entitled, no…I am obligated to my readers and & members to give them the truth (as I know it, based on my own research) about products or services that will enhance their health. If you don’t agree with what I have written, you are entitled to your opinion, too.

• 3) If I review or endorse a competitor product to your company – it’s called Free Speech. I do not make commission off my reviews or endorsements. I do not get paid for marketing ANY products. At the most I receive is a one-time sample to review. Wal Mart did not apologize to Kmart for taking their sales, now did they? So, why should I be held responsible for hurting your business because I expressed my personal preference?

If my product recommends offends you or your business, please feel free to remove yourself from my Blog member List and FB Fan Page list. 

My first and foremost focus is to provide positive, honest and reliable information about the products I have reviewed and personally use.  My readers expect that of me and I will never falter nor will I waiver from my commitment to be an informational source to athletes . I keep the competition at the race course, not on my Blog nor FB Fan Page.


(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Way to lay down the law! I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Glad to see someone else feels the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.