Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Need a New Blog Name | Please Send Me Your Ideas (Prizes!)

When I started my FB “Fan Page” last Fall, I did so – so that my FB friends who could care less about running, healthy food choices, etc – were not bothered by my links and information. (yes, some even complained to me they didn't want to read my posts about living a healthy lifestyle LOL - maybe when they get obsessive about their favorite sports team, I should send them a complaining email?) While I WISH everyone would care about their weight and health, I know that isn’t our world today.


I started off with less than 100 FB Fans. The day after the Vegas Half Marathon, I started this blog Today, my FB Fan page has grown to over 2,500 Fans/Likes and my Blog has 35 Followers.


I had NO idea any of this would grow to the popularity it would. Reality came to me a recent event when other runners came up to ME and said my blog and FB page inspired them. Wow, I am humbled, truly humbled.


If I had known (my crystal ball must have been in the repair shop, back then) that my blog and FB fan would of grown to such popularity, I know I would of taken more time to think of a better name. I named my FB Page and Blog “Running With Charlene” – as it was the first thing that popped into my mind.


Now, I wish I had not done that. While I cannot change the name of my FB Fan Page (set in stone, per FB) – I can change the name of my Blog.


That is what I am working towards and I am asking for your help.


Instead of using “Running With Charlene” – what should I change the name to?


And yes, there is a contest :) 


I will give away books and other athletic goodies to best name/idea!


I do not need a logo (just yet) – I already have someone working on a caricature of me running to the finish line with my traditional thumbs up and “smile”. What I need is a new Blog name. It doesn’t have to have my name in it (Charlene) or even “Running”.


As long as it is something focused on health, wellness, fitness, fun, sports, activity, outdoors, healthy food). It can be one word or 3 words.


• Keep the name positive, “electric”, easy to remember, eye catching, fun and nothing with faddish


What do you think my new blog name should be?


Please email me your recommendations to successwithcharlene (at) gmail (dot) come – within the next few days, I will post a description and photos of the prizes.


If you don’t have an exact name, shoot me ideas – your ideas will make you eligible too. You never know, you might have the winning idea!


Must be 18 yrs or older, a resident of the US or Canada and void where prohibited.



I look forward to hearing your ideas! Thanks in advance for your help!

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Running Coach & Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with keeping runningwithcharlene dot com?
    It seems like you have a well established blog and FB page so why not continue with that name/brand as to not confuse people. That's just my two cents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette - thank you for your comment and input. The reason I want to change it? I never was overly attached to it, and funny - when I am out and about - please know me purely by my first name, but never do they say "Running With Charlene". I would like a name that is all encompassing for fitness and health, not just running. Again, thank YOU for time to offer your input.

    ReplyDelete