Saturday, June 4, 2011

When the Glutes Hurt | It's Not a Good Day

My Glutes hurt. Well, let's be honest here - my butt hurts

I had my long run today - I felt like an Elephant pounding the pavement.  Legs were so unbelievably heavy, I questioned my sanity a few times.  While it was not a horrific run, by any stretch..  Afterall, I was injury free - I didn't sweat TOO much and I did enjoy the scenery.

However, I am now sitting on my the most sore spot of my body.  For the first time, I iced my glutes.  That's an ice opener and a "GOOD MORNING, VEGAS" moment! 


I am going to take this as a CUE to strengthen my glutes.  Afterall - a fellow runner called me a "Core Addict".  She said at any time she can count on me working out my Core.  Well, part of that is true.  Since I did have my hip injury in March and I NEVER want repeat that again - I am fanatical about keeping my hips and abs lined up.

During this AM's run - I literally felt my glutes (aka "butt") was dragging on the pavement.  That's no fun!

They call the glutes the "missing core" - well, time for me to go find them



Maybe after all this time, I can have that perky little butt that so many other runners have! 

What are your favorite Glute exercises?  

(c) C. Ragsdale 2011


___________________
Celebrate Your Finish,

Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Athlete and Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.