Since, then – Lake has been so kind as to send me a sample of her skin care to try out and write a review. Although, her and I are friends, she knew I would give an honest opinion.
Trying Lotus Moon skin care is my first experience with Organic/Natural skin care products.
I started my career of cosmetics/skin care in 1980 and ended in 2003. That’s a lot of years working in the industry. I have worked with the world’s top and not-so-top companies. I know that paying more $ isn’t always the answer to better products, but I do know that INGREDIENTS are the key.
As I began my discovery of a healthier lifestyle a year ago – it seems like a natural fit I would incorporate that into all aspects of my life – not just food and exercise.
Here is what was sent to me:
I am going to review each of those products in order of my favorite/preference.
None of the products disappointed me, but I did find some more effective for me than others, for my skin.
For those who do not know – I am nearing 50 yrs old (and certainly post menopausal), but I have a unique issue. I have very oily skin that is prone to breaking out. It seems like my skin never got out of puberty. My skin isn’t dry and flaky, but it can get very tight and flat looking.
How is that for a skin problem combo?
My review of the products, in order of my satisfaction of the products:
• Divine Lip Shine – I do not like Lip Gloss. As a Baby Boomer – I have visions of the tacky, wacky stuff we use to goop on our lips in the 70’s and 80’s. However, I promised I would try it. 1) It’s not tacky 2) It really softens my lips 3) it gives a nice hint of color that can be used for casual or even going out. This is a true winner in my cosmetic drawer!
• Mineral Earth Cleansing Gel - The name alone intrigued me. It comes in a handy pump and the is the consistency of a thin molasses, but when you wash your face. My goodness – do you feel great! I want to take a bath in this product! I have always believed that a good cleanser is the basis for any good skin care.
• Natural Skin Brightening Complex - I have brown spots and I don’t have liver issues. They come from sun. I use to live in Tanning Booths. I have not tanned in years, but the effects are creeping up. This Brightening complex does a fine job at lightening up those areas, especially the ones on my cheek and hairline.
• Sulfur Masque Intensive - I love masks. I wish I could use them every day. Sulfur or clay based products are the best for me. It’s SO difficult to find masks for oily skin. I am glad I found this one.
• Organic Honey Purifying Masque - This is a product that I would use maybe once a month – to put in some added moisture into my skin. I can certainly see why this product would be loved by those who have dry skin.
• Blemish Control Gel – as I indicated, I am prone to blemishes. The typical blemish control product does not work for me. This product didn’t help me, but I did give it to a friend who is much younger and has oily skin and she loved this Gel for her acne control.
All in all, I am VERY surprised how much I liked these products. I knew they were would be “nice”, but I had no idea that they would be this GREAT. Lotus Moon can count on me being one of their customers, in the near future.
They have generously offered a sample gift pack to the followers of my Blog (your choice of skin care type) valued at $45. Pictured below –
To enter – TWO FOLD –
1. You must follow my Blog and I must be able to verify you follow my Blog. If you do not follow publicly, I cannot verify it. Every giveaway I have done – there are always a few who do not have public profiles when they follow my blog and they become ineligible to be entered into the drawing.
2. After you are following – post a comment below you would like to be entered into the drawing.
TWO STEPS is all you need to do to enter, but don't miss a step! No exceptions.
BONUS POINTS!3. Follow Lotus Moon on Facebook and post “Running With Charlene” sent you and you want to be entered into the drawing. Please share their page with your FB friends, too!
GIVEAWAY: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 thru
The Deadline has been extended until Sunday, June 12, 2011 at 5pmPST!
*I was not compensated for this review, and the opinions expressed are my own
(c) C. Ragsdale 2011
Celebrate Your Finish,
Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Certified Sports Nutritionist, Athlete and Public Speaker
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter