Wednesday, April 6, 2011

*CHAR SHARES* - Product Reviews, Freebies | The Joy of Giving Back

This week, I am starting a new section in my Blog - "Char Shares"

from time to time I will share with you some lessons I have learned and how it can apply to our everyday life.  Hope you enjoy. As always, free free to comment

 * * * * *

In recent months, several have asked how I am able to receive items to receive on my Blog. While it’s a noble question - it’s the wrong question.


It is not about what *I* receive, but what can I do to help a company get the word out. The perk is often free items arriving at my door step.


As a business owner (on and off for the past 30 years) I know the value of honest reviews and relationships. What you don’t see nor read about on my blog reviews are the friendships and relationships that have been established in the process with these businesses.


It’s not about “I have a blog – send me a product so I can review it”


That is not a blog reviewers job, at all. At least in my opinion


In my opinion, the blog reviewers job is to share news and information about a product of a company. It’s about Giving Back. These companies have worked harder than any of us can imagine to market and produce their products. They have trusted us (Bloggers) to get the word out for them, on their behalf. It’s a big risk.


They have no idea what we will write. I take that trust very seriously.




Do I receive free products from every vendor I write a review? No, I do not.


I often will consider writing a review about a product that I have paid and tried myself. Why? I want to share my experiences with others, as others have shared their experiences with me.


Almost a year ago, I took on running and a better way of life. It was the personal recommendation of many who guided me what type of products to use to make my runs and workouts safer and more fun.



When a box arrives at my house, I am grateful. Truly grateful that this company has trusted me enough to write a review for their product(s). So far, I have not receive any products that I would write a negative review. (knock on wood!)


Yet, this is a philosophy that I hope I can live in my own life, not just blog reviews. When we go to help out our neighbors, fellow athletes, family, friends – we do so not wanting to receive anything or more importantly, expecting anything in return. Do it out of the kindness of your heart, period.


It doesn't mean there will be a lifelong commitment to giving to that person, but try it every once in awhile. Bring your fellow runners some water the next time you run. Bring them a snack to share. Take out your neighbors trash cans on trash day.


Give to give. The perks will be there. The “freebies” in life will happen.

____________________
Live and Run Strong,


Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.