Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prepping for the Laughlin Half Marathon

As you know, this Saturday will be my first Half Marathon since the Vegas Half (in December). I have run several races since then (all 5K’s) and enjoyed each and everyone.

My running club, Sin City Road Runners have over 25 runners in the race this weekend in Laughlin, NV. 

I know what to expect during a race and during a long run. My last run was 15 miles – I can do this, no problem.

The big difference between this Half and the Vegas Half? I do not resemble a deer looking at headlights -



At the 2010 Vegas Half, I had no idea what to expect from me nor the race day. I didn’t know how my body would react running those miles in a race. I had only been running 6 months. I went from zero (literally) to 13.1 in 6 months. And let's not talk about the nerves leading up to that day!

With the experiences I learned at the Vegas Half, I carry with me on every long run, since that time. My head is in a good place. My biggest stress is loading up my car the day before for me and my two sons.

All is well in the mind of Charlene

While I will enjoy the race day events and excitement – it’s just another long run, and it happens to have a start and finish line. My predicted time? Whatever the clock says when I finish – that is my time I deserve that day.

Time for me to earn Finish Medal #5 (and yes, Ladybug's ball will be with me on race day)

Good luck to all my fellow racers, especially those on the Sin City Road Runner team! 
____________________
Live and Run Strong,



Charlene L. Ragsdale - Las Vegas, NV
Half-Marathoner, Business Blogger, Public Speaker & Hosts IMPACT Radio Channel
~My Facebook Fan Page ~Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.